Click here to download OverdraftHonor® Q&A Brochure
What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will be charged if Providence Bank & Trust pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $33 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive days, we will charge an additional $10 per day.
- There is a limit of 3 NSF item charges per day.
What if I want Providence Bank & Trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on my everyday ATM/Debit Card transactions?
|| Complete the Enrollment Form and click the submit button, (it’s safe and secure.)
||1-888-407-2265 to utilize our automated opt-in / out
1-888-9-BELONG (1-888-923-5664) to speak to a Relationship
||Visit any of our 9 convenient locations.
||PO Box 706
South Holland, IL 60473
After agreeing to the terms and conditions, the Enrollment Form will follow when you click the NEXT button below.